January 8, 2018
Business Hazardous Waste Disposal
Is my business eligible to use the free* disposal service?
To qualify your business must be:
- located in King County (this includes all cities and unincorporated areas – as well as all of Bothell, Pacific, Auburn, and Algona.
- a Small Quantity Generator (SQG).
What is a Small Quantity Generator SQG?
It is a business that:
- produces less than 220 pounds (about 25 gallons) of hazardous waste per month.
- produces less than 2.2 pounds (about a quart) of acutely hazardous waste** per month.
- stores less than 2, 200 pounds (about four 55 gallon drums) of hazardous waste.
How often can your business use this free service?
Your business can visit a maximum of four times a year.
You cannot use the free disposal service if you
- produce more than 220 pounds of hazardous waste per month
- produce more than 2.2 pounds of extremely hazardous waste** per month
- store more than 2, 200 pounds of hazardous waste
Call (206) 263-8899 if you are not sure if you qualify.
Can you hire a hauler to take my wastes to the facility?
Yes, you may use a hauler. But we prefer that the business owner/manager or a company employee bring the waste themselves.
Container size and quantity limits
- No more than 25 gallons (max 220 pounds) of hazardous waste per visit.
- Containers must be 5 gallons or less and weigh less than 60 pounds each.
- All containers regardless of contents are counted as full.
- Call 206-263-8899 if you have more than these limits. We reserve the right to refuse any waste at our facilities.
- complete this online form, print 2 copies and bring to disposal facility with your hazardous waste
- download the PDF form, print 2 completed, signed copies and bring them to a disposal facility with your hazardous waste.
Laboratory chemicals MUST be approved by Program staff before you bring them to a facility for disposal.
Do you have unwanted but still useful hazardous products?
** Laboratories, medical facilities, pest control operators and other businesses that work with highly toxic or reactive chemicals (called "acutely hazardous wastes") may produce wastes with a monthly SQG limit of 2.2 pounds. Call the business waste line (206-263-8899) for help or check the "P" list of discarded chemical products.
Share this article
Pinellas County Hazardous Waste Disposal
April 20, 2017
Hazardous Waste Disposal Procedure
June 3, 2016
Hazardous Waste Disposal Maine
March 27, 2017