In Town Departments:
Trash and recycling collection responsibilities are now provided by MTG Disposal, LLC.(MEGA Disposal). They will continue to provide curbside garbage and recycling collection to over 9, 300 households. The serial coded carts provided are the property of the Town of West Warwick and should remain at the assigned address; residents moving to another address should LEAVE the carts at the current residence.
(All materials to be collected must be placed at curbside by 6:00 AM)
- Household trash - must be placed in the assigned trash containers provided with the lid closed.
- Lumber - must be bundled and fit into the assigned trash container provided with the lid closed.
- Furniture, - couches, tables, and large items not fitting in the bins will be picked up on the scheduled bulk pickup day- the first and third Saturday of every month. You must call the DPW coordinator to request your bulk pick up with an itemized list and address at least five days prior to scheduled pick up day. Residents are allowed four free bulk pickups per year. Any more pickups will require a payment of $25.00.
- Carpets - rolled and tied and fit into the assigned trash container provided with the lid closed or scheduled as a bulk pick up- see below.
- Latex paint only - paint must be completely dry and placed into the provided trash container or dropped off in the paint pod at the DPW.
- Glass - placed in a cardboard box, taped, and labeled and placed in trash container.
- Small electronics and corded appliances- can also be dropped off at the Department of Public Works Electronics Pod for RECYCLING.
- Contractor/construction debris - sheet rock, plaster, roof shingles, insulation, siding, windows, etc. if you need a building permit, you or your contractor must dispose of the debris at his/her/your cost.
- Hazardous materials - asbestos, car batteries, gasoline, ammunition, etc. Car batteries and gasoline can be dropped off at the DPW during office hours. Call the Rhode Island Resource Recovery Corporation (RIRRC) at 942-1430 EXT. 241 for more information on disposal of these items. .
- Oil based paint/stain - can be dropped off at the paint pod at the DPW during office hours. Call the Rhode Island Resource Recovery Corporation (RIRRC) at 942-1430 EXT. 241 for more information on disposal of these items.
- Misc. - loose lumber, ashes, sand, stone, cement, dirt.
Bulk Waste (things like furniture and items not fitting in the trash bin) is picked up by MTG Disposal the 1st and 3rd Saturday of every month, however, you MUST call the Solid Waste/Recycling Coordinator to request at least five days before scheduled pickup.*** Please see the Sanitation/Recycling Collections and Holiday schedule page. Residents are entitled to 4 free pick ups per year. Any pickup over the four is a $25.00 fee.
Mattresses, box springs, large appliances and hot water heaters are considered WHITE GOODS and require a sticker purchase from the DPW for pickup. Construction debris and or large trash hauls will not be picked up and disposal is the responsibility of the contractor or resident.)