May 24, 2021
Bio Waste Disposal Services
Infectious waste boxes are the cardboard boxes with the red plastic liners that are used for the disposal of contaminated research materials. These disposal boxes are provided by the Office of Health & Safety.
Contaminated research materials include: tissue samples, animal cadavers, animal organs, slides, broken lab glassware, absorbent pads, pharmaceuticals, and small quantities of chemicals. Sharps MUST be collected in approved puncture resistant collection containers (red sharps containers). These sharps containers are purchased through each department.
For biohazard waste disposal in Ross Hall, contact housekeeping for removal and clean up.
Disposal instructions are as follows:
- Use only the biohazard boxes and liners provided
- Place ALL SHARPS in a red puncture-resistant collection container
- Place sharps container inside of the red lined bag, inside of an infectious waste box
- Do not pour liquids in the boxes or over pack - weight limit is 40 lbs
- Do not use for disposal of non-hazardous material; the boxes are incinerated at $0.27/lb
- Do not deliver the boxes to the loading dock of Ross Hall
Share this article
Solid Waste Disposal Service
October 31, 2021
Waste Disposal Reviews
September 23, 2018
Waste Disposal Vehicle
January 3, 2022