Hull Waste Disposal Sites
Some other materials can also be disposed of at our sites. These are -
- asbestos (at Wiltshire Road household waste and recycling centre only)
- household and garden chemicals
You need a permit to bring waste to any of our household waste recycling centre in a van or trailer.
How to deal with asbestos
Asbestos can only be deposited at the Wiltshire Road household waste and recycling centre. You need to follow these instructions -
- make sure all asbestos is double bagged, wrapped and sealed in suitable heavy duty plastic bags (such as soil, rubble or garden waste bags (available from most supermarkets and DIY stores) or heavy duty plastic sheeting (available from builder’s merchants)
- deposit the material into the asbestos container yourself
- follow the instructions of the site staff at all times
Site staff inspect the bags used to deposit asbestos. If the bags are split or are not correctly sealed, they are not accepted. Also, if the bags are not of sufficient strength and split when lifted they are not accepted.